Groups are mini communities on topics of special interest such as a local fundraising branch or an international trek, You can suggest a new group at the bottom of the group home page.
Living with a heart condition: Things I wish they had told me
While at Boots buying constipation medicine to deal with the side effects from my heart meds I thought - why didnt they tell me?
So please add yours but:
Why didn't they mention:
- The constipation - The side effects from the meds.... it's just another upsetting thing to deal with. And ghastly and awful and SUCH a relief when it works. Until the next time.
- The pain - why not say- 'Kate, your chest WILL hurt. You had CPR and a stent. It isnt another HA - it might be but your heart isn't on the top left.'
- The emotions - just to prepare me and my man - you will cry randomly - you will change from being the strong hard one to being a weeping mush bucket for the first 5 weeks. You will cry when you speak to friends - when they cry because you nearly died - you will cry when your Mother tells you she though that she'd lost you...You will cry for no reason except you are scared and feel 12 even though you are 51.
- The anger and the pity party- Why me? I am slim, fit, I eat properly - why me?
- The fear when you start to be intimate again - he is scared of hurting me and I am scared of losing control.
- The loss of smell and taste - anyone else? That is doing my head in - I get up several times in the night like someone with OCD to check the cooker is off as I cant smell...
- Memory loss ..did I mention memory loss at all? :)
I really feel if someone had mentioned some of this I would have felt better.